The Forest Development Corporation of Maharashtra Ltd. was incorporated as a Public Sector Enterprises in 1974, with an objective to convert low value miscellaneous forest into high value forests comprising primarily of teak and other valuable species.
FDCM Ltd. is among few public sector enterprises in India running in profit, continuously since 1988-89.
1. ISO-9001- 2008 Certified Seed Unit and Nursery for quality teak seed and plants.
2. Significant contribution in greening of Maharashtra. FDCM Ltd. raised 5.31 lakh ha. plantations, so far, including 1.44 lakh ha. teak plantations, having market value of approx. Rs.3500 cr.
3. Since 1990, successfully implemented Turnkey Plantation, 270 projects covering 2500 ha. by plantations of 60 lakh plants, project cost Rs. 3500 lakh.
4. Promotion of Eco-tourism at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve, Navegaon-Nagzira and Bor Tiger Reserves Melghat Tiger Reserve.
5. Development of an International Standard Zoo, Bio-park and Rescue Centre, at Gorewada, Nagpur for conservation of biodiversity, promotion of eco-tourism and dissemination of awareness about conservation
6. Established Bio-diversity park, at Raj Bhavan, Nagpur and Sahyadri Floral Biopark, at Kundal Forest Academy, Sangli district.
7. Conservation and Development of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants for its sustainable management and use.
8. Bio-diversity and wildlife conservation measures have resulted in abundant presence of wild animals including Tiger in FDCM areas.
9. Continuously declaring dividends since 2009-10.