We would like to inspire people to live in ways that promote the well being of the natural world. We would strive to achieve excellence in ecosystem exhibition, education and conservation and will be a promoter of Eco-Tourism for our Citizens.
In order to diversify its activities and to augment the revenue of the Company the activity of Eco-Tourism was first launched on 15th August 2000 in Thane Region in Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali. The Board of Directors gave their formal consent to implement this activity in the 112th meeting held on 22nd September 2000.
The Company has recruited a specialized cadre of Resort Managers/Assitant Resort Managers to run the Nine facilities in and around Five protected areas in professional manner. The managers at FDCM are trained in hospitality management and some are also having experience of serving in reputed hotels of USA and U.K. etc. Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation Limited (MTDC) has also contributed in the development of these services and FDCM also has MOU with MTDC upto October 2016.
Eco-Tourism projects run by the Company at following areas:-
1. Moharli and Kolara in Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve in Chandrapur District, Bhandara.
2. Nagzira, Pitezari and Umarzari in Navegaon-Nagzira Tiger Project in Gondia District.
3. Bor at Bor Wildlife Sanctuary in Wardha District.
4. Navegaon tourist Complex in Navegaon-Nagzira Tiger Project in Gondia District.
5. Home stays facilities at 2 houses in Kusumtondi (Nagzira) in Bhandara District.