The FDCM is one of the rare examples of successful forest plantation ventures in our country. There are other government owned Forest Corporation in other states as well but creation of plantation assets is not the core activity for most of those. The FDCM, has lived upto the mandate given to it and established valuable teak plantation along with the nature.
Some of the key milestones achieved by FDCM are as enumerated below:
1. ISO-9001- 2008 Certified Seed Unit and Nursery for quality teak seed and plants.
2. Significant contribution in greening of Maharashtra. FDCM Ltd. raised 5.31 lakh ha. Plantations, so far, includes 1.44 lakh ha. teak plantations, having market value of approx. Rs.3500 cr.
3. Since 1990, successfully implemented Turnkey Plantation, 270 projects covering 2500 ha. by plantations of 60 lakh plants, project cost Rs. 3500 lakh.
4. Promotion of Eco-tourism at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve, Navegaon-Nagzira and Bor Tiger Reserves Melghat Tiger Reserve.
5. Development of an International Standard Zoo, Bio-park and Rescue Centre at Gorewada, Nagpur for conservation of biodiversity, promotion of eco-tourism and dissemination of awareness about conservation
6. Established Bio-diversity Park at Raj Bhavan, Nagpur and Sahyadri Floral Biopark at Kundal Forest Academy, Sangli district.
7. Conservation and Development of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants for its sustainable management and use.
8. Bio-diversity and wildlife conservation measures have resulted in abundant presence of wild animals including Tiger in FDCM areas.
9. Continuously declaring dividends since 2009-10.